CSA is an alternative, locally-based socio-economic model of agriculture and food distribution. A CSA refers to a particular network or association of individuals who have pledged to support one or more local farms, with growers and consumers sharing the risks and benefits of food production. CSA members pay at the onset of the growing season for a share of the anticipated harvest; once harvesting begins, they receive weekly shares of vegetables and fruit, in a vegetable box scheme , and also sometimes herbs, cut flowers, honey, eggs, dairy products and meat, as well. -Wikipedia
THE Benefits of joining the Pure Prairie Farm CSA
Summer and garden fresh organically grown produce – what our grandparents simply knew as food! All harvested fresh and delivered to you. We do grunt work -the sowing, transplanting, weeding, watering and whatever else the plants needs to make them healthy and happy. Then we harvest at the peak of ripeness. You and your family reap the benefits.
- Expand your palette by try new vegetables
- Develop a connection with the food you eat
- Help support local, organic agriculture farm
- EAT HEALTHIER highly mineralized super fresh food
- Decrease the number of miles your food travels from the farm to your plate.
- Provide us with the money we need for seeds and getting the plants in the ground.
- Share risks of farming, including poor harvests due to unfavorable weather or pests.
Our summer csa will start the first half of June and run for 20+ weeks. Full and half (every other week) shares available.
View details here: Pure Prairie Farm Summer CSA 2014
For updates events, talks, farm news and more please sign up to our newsletter: What’s Growing On!
“Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.” ― Michael Pollan